The pastry chef training requirements
Want to get our detailed program? Please fill out this form :
What’s in the pastry course ?
The EISF course to become a pastry chef, includes a theoretical and a practical module :
- The theory module teaches you the properties of the raw materials that are used in the different pastry recipes. Like for example, the starch in flour that has gelling properties.
- The theory also presents all the health and safety rules necessary to apply when making pastry recipes.
- The gestures and professional techniques presented in the 70 video recipes cover all the basic know-how of French pastry. The video recipes are very complete. They are accompanied by a step-by-step module which details the actions of the trainer step by step. A recipe sheet completes this working material.
- The step by step shows you photos of all the different steps of the recipe that must be sent to the tutor so that he can validate your work. The tutor is a pastry and training professional. With the photos you send, he knows how to help you, if necessary, to achieve a perfect dessert.
- The question of the flavors does not arise at this stage. If you respect the quantities of the ingredients mentioned in the recipe data sheets, you will make a tasty dessert. Here, it’s more a question of knowing and mastering the techniques of the professionals. Once these techniques are well understood, you can start creating your own recipes.
Theoritical content – 95 hours
Module 1 : Professional and Artistic Culture – 15 hours
4 theoretical courses
Know the historical and artistic bases of the profession, the professional vocabulary, and the organization of the production
Module 2 : Raw Materials – 55 hours
16 theoretical courses
Know the raw materials used in pastry, their properties, and the conditions of their use
Module 3 : Science – 25 hours
6 theoretical courses
Know the basics of nutrition, dietetics, and hygiene
Mock Exam – 7 hours
Carry out the exam subjects to practice organizing your production work in the same time conditions as those of the final exam. *
* Included only in the « Complete Package »
Pratical content – 340 hours
Module 1 : Tarts
15 Practical recipes
Master the techniques of shortcrust, sweet almond and Breton shortbread dough and the realization of the different sweet tarts
Module 2 : Puff pastry
9 Practical recipes
Master the puff pastry technique and its various recipes
Module 3 : Viennoiseries
7 Practical recipes
Master the techniques of leavened puff pastry dough and its various recipes
Module 4 : Travel Cakes
4 Practical recipes
Master the technique of cakes with candied fruits, madeleines and financiers
Module 5 : Entremets
14 Practical recipes
Master the biscuits, creams, ganaches, inserts, glazes and finishing touches that allow the realization of classic French entremets like the Opera, Fraisier to name a few.
Module 6 : Choux pastry
9 Practical work
Master the techniques of Choux pastry dough and its various recipes
Module 7 : Gluten-free
6 Practical recipes
Master the techniques of making gluten-free recipes
Module 8 : Confectionery
4 Practical recipes
Master the techniques of making French candy recipes
Module 9 : Professional techniques
4 Practical techniques
Master various professional gestures